Leland and I were sitting about 2 rows behind our neighbours Craig and Carol
Malin in the back of the church
today. Today was the Primary children’s program.
I suddenly noticed the Craig was sitting funny and Carol was
anxious. I told Leland and he went up and
was on the ready if case Craig started to fall.
Don Parry went up front and got Dr. Gibbs and some 1st
responders to come down. Then Dr Rose (
Craig’s primary care dr.? We surrounding
people started pulling chairs away so they
could access Craig.
I am so impressed with how our 1st responders
took care of Craig. They are so well
trained and work as team. They were
quiet and efficient. Soon our city ambulance
came with oxygen. They got him on a gurney
and took him out to the foyer to wait for the ambulance (our city ambulance cannot
not transport people)
The children’s program just went on to conclusion.
Craig was transported to Payson. They did not find anything wrong with him. They are keeping him overnight. He will see a cardiologist in the morning and will re-evaluated.
Carol is coming home
about 8 tonight. We have her house key. I hope one of her BYU grandchildren is with
her. ( She came by for the and is alone)
Craig is about 80 years old has alzheimers . He was a real rocket scientist and later a patent attorney.
His wife tries to keep their lives normal but Craig escapes and wanders.
About a 2 months ago Leland and were on our bed watching TV. Our front door was open to cool off the house. My head was on Leland's shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw fast moving blur. It was surreal . I knew that my head was on Leland's shoulder, but what was that fast moving blur.l I usually scream when startled. I didn't. I recognized Craig and calmly said, " Hello Craig.". he said, "I looking for my wife." Leland said, "I know where she is.I'll take you to her."
Yesterday my neighbour Reid was watching TV. Craig came in and startled Reid and Reid reacted. Craig said, " You scared me!!" Reid took him home.
Carol told me tonight that when Craig was on the oxygen his understanding and speech was clearer. Maybe he just needs oxygen.
I just remember Nancy Reagan saying that alzheimers decline in a long goodbye.
Carol has been heroic. I have total respect for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment