Sunday, November 4, 2012


FAMILY TREE                                                                                                                                                 

TESTIMONY      4 November 2012
            Wednesday I was preparing my lesson for a new class of new.Family Search. org. I had it out lined and was ready to write it out.  I stopped for dinner and a little TV.  About 9 pm I went back to new.FamilySearch.org and there it was:

                           “Try FamilySearch Family Tree”.  

            So, I have spent much time studying FAMILY TREE and rewriting my lesson.
My Sunday School President , Br. Rose, called me yesterday.  He told me that in the last week  he has had several talks about genealogy.  He said that our Stake President Flake taught that in our premortal life we convented with our family that we would seek them and provide the saving ordinances for them.
       When I told him my lesson preparation story he said, “Well, they are ready for you.”  He expects to have a big class for me today .   I am excited!!!

        My story:
       Right after I joined the church in 1963 I started gathering records and interviewing people.  I hand wrote the family group sheets.  I believe that my family was ready  for the gospel  and my mission in life to find them, get to know them and provide them the saving ordinances of the Gospel.   I was blessed with much information, pictures, stories, documents.  To date I have collected 6787 names in my PAF data base.
        When my dad's niece  Wilma Jeane Hatcher,  was dying we talked about our Welsh family and how we couldn't find them in Wales.  I told her,  "When you get there wake up our relatives and tell I am still looking for them."  I believe she has awakened them because since her death I have been able to find more and more of them.  Even to Bran, Lord of Menai , born 1125, Menai, Anglesey, Wales.

            I feel the hand of the Lord upon me.  I know that I can do all things that the Heavenly Father wants me to do through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.  I pray that I will be able to teach effectively that I may inspire the class to use FAMILY TREE.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Thank you grandma! I love reading your frequent posts :). Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete