Thursday, January 17, 2013


Adventures  With the Curves Carpool girls
  At 6:30 last night the power went off in Woodland Hills,, Elk Ridge and Salem  due to a fire in Spanish Fork Canyon.substation.  People saw a fire coming down the wires to the substation. Usually we have some light coming from Salem  but since they were dark that meant there was no light---it was black!! 
  I had cooked some rice and greenbeans and  I had just taken a frozen hamburger patty out for Leland. A little panic and   then I  remembered  my flash-light was in my coat pocket.
  I told Leland not to move so he wouldn't bump into me, got the light then he got his light.
I was able to cook his  hamburger. Just hat morning Leland had fixed  our family room fire place so we had heat.  We got some candles so our dinner was very  romantic.  
The only lights  I could see were Ann Wakefield's clerestory lights.  They have a generator that comes on in 7 seconds.  Her husband is an electriction and was on a ladder changing light bulbs. His first thought was ," What did I do?"
 Karen Wood was also on a ladder putting Christmas stuff away.
She kept her head and climbed down and got her flash-light. Reed started fires in the fireplaces.   
Sheyrl DeHart (Woodland Hills Ward bishops wife who lived in our ward for awhile,  rides with us to curves) was alone at home in the bathtub.  Fortunately she had her cell phone for she was expecting a call from her husband so she had a light.

The power came on again in about 30 minutes.
Camille is on a  Book of Mormon tour in Belize etc  so she missed it all.
Hope all is well with you,
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment