Saturday, June 8, 2013



I am reposting T's vision because her Civil War soldier has been identified as David Ashford Walsh.  His wife Phoebe is on of the people who appeared to T with a baby in her arms.
T. is a very  busy young mother.  She has been able to do some research for her family.  She found Phoebe has done some of the temple work for Phoebe and family.  
We still do not know how T fits into the Walsh family.

When I was teaching my Family History Sunday School Class last week I was showing how to find records
in New York (where DAW comes from). And there popped up his wife's (Phoebe) application for a Civil War Widow Pension.  So our class looked at it and so forth.  
Well, when I got home  I relooked for DAW  in Ancestry.com. and found him again in the "Stumps...family tree" and in the "Myhres tree".  I printed out some of the family group records to give to T.  T sells Essential Oils and on Wednesday she unexpectedly stopped by with an invitation to a show for the oils.  I said, " Oh I have some new information for you, come on in and I'll give it to you".  She had some time so we looked up the trees I had found .
At 2:15 the next morning T's relatives woke me up. I got up and started a tree for T.  It's name is Tara J..David Ashford Walsh Family Tree. 
(I have found that if you start a tree on Ancestry.com you seem to gather and connect more data. That is why I have so many trees.  Thanks to my daughter Susan who pays for Ancestry.com.)
Within an hour I had found 4 pages of descendants of DAW and Phoebe.  The next morning I put them on T's doorstep.
I am a little curious so I kept looking for and found  a DAW in a  Myhres tree .  The owners name is OWalshMyhres.  The Myhres name tweaked my interest.  
So I contacted OWalshMyhres .  She lives in Yakima. Here are our emails:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://c.mfcreative.com/lib/TGN/shared/assets/images/usericon.gif
·                 PatriciaFinle...
·                 Jun 6 2:59 AM
Hello, I researching the descendants of David Ashford Walsh for a friend . Her tree is Tara J. Walsh Tree. I see that you have a "manwaring" as a child of alma h. walsh.
How do you know this??
Do you have any Holsteads in your data base?
Bst Wishes
Patricia

·                 OWalshMyhres
·                 Jun 6 10:12 AM
Patricia,
My research on Alma Walsh is pretty sparse. My info is from the family bible pages of David and Phebe. They state that Alma married a Manwaring and died in Green Bay Wi. My grandfather is George the youngest child of David and Phebe. Which child is the ancestor of Tara? I have a lot of info on a few of David's children, Chancellor, John, Eliza, Roswell and info from the bible pages on others.
Sincerely, Opal Walsh Myhres

·                 PatriciaFinle...
·                 Jun 6 8:06 PM
Thank you for answering. We are not sure how Tara fits into the Walsh family. Tara is a close neighbour. When I see Tara we will tell you her story. I often help others with their genealogy (non professional). So sometimes I open a tree for them like I did for Tara. I know the tree name is misleading but keeps me organized.
Who has the Walsh family bible?? I know she would love to get copies of the pages.
Do you live in the Wisconsin?? Are their members of the Walsh family still there??
Best Wishes, Patricia

http://c.mfcreative.com/lib/TGN/shared/assets/images/usericon.gif
·                 OWalshMyhres
·                 Jun 6 9:26 PM
Pat4ricia,
I also help people with their genealogy problems. I volunteer at a library in Yakima Washington. The Walsh Bible came from a great-grand-daughter of John walsh, and she gave them to Gene Cisewski a gr-grandson of Chancellor, and he sent me copies of the pages. My family still live in Minnesota where George homesteaded.
My grand-daughters all live in the SLC area. I was there last week for a graduation of my oldest great-granddaughter. She lives in Nephi, one lives in herriman and my daughter is moving there as soon as they sell their home here. Another gr-daughter lives in bountiful.
 
Let me know where Tara fits in the Walsh tree and I will be glad to share.
Opal


http://c.mfcreative.com/lib/TGN/shared/assets/images/usericon.gif
·                 PatriciaFinle...
·                 Jun 6 9:48 PM
I am a Family History Consultant for my church. Tara and I live a very short distance from Nephi in Woodland Hills, UT (close to Spanish Fork).
When you hear Tara's story you are going to be amazed. It is her story to tell.
I hope to meet you next time your are in Utah.
Patricia

http://c.mfcreative.com/lib/TGN/shared/assets/images/usericon.gif
·                 PatriciaFinle...
·                 Yesterday 8:58 PM
Patricia Finley 9:49 PM (23 hours ago)
OWalshMyhres 6/6 2013 Today 9:26 PM Pat4ricia, I also help people with their ...

Tara Jensen
8:38 AM (12 hours ago)
Thanks Patricia! What great information! I will have to write him directly or contact his family that is here in Utah, so I can possibly get copies of the Walsh Family Bible.
Thanks again!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



So this is where this wonderful ongoing experience is now.  I personally feel a bliss, a combination of satisfaction peace and joy in that I have been privileged to be  a mortal instrument in the hand of the Lord to bless this part of the family Adam.. 


Friday, December 7, 2012
AN AMAZING VISION


T’s Vision
I got a call from T.  She lives  just down the road from me.  She told me about the vision she had been given 30 November 2012.
 She was awakened by her deceased  grandmother.  Her grandmother  was dressed in white.  She pointed  to a group  (see DC 138) of people, who were also dressed in white.  They were standing in a line behind her.  She said,  “They are our family and they need their temple work to be done.”  One by one they stepped forward and gave their name. T wrote  down 25  names, spelling them as best she could.  Her grandmother stopped the line  and said that they were overwhelming T.    T  went back to sleep.

  Her grandmother returned. ( I thought of the similarity of when the Angel Moroni  appeared to Joseph Smith three times.)  She had 30 more people with her who  gave T their names.  T looked at the total list of 55 names.  Surnames had been given  together.  None of the names were familiar to T.

  Weeping T finally went back to sleep.  Next day T. called  her mother who has  their family data on a PAF file.  She had some of the same surnames  on her PAF pedigree.  They went to the Salt Lake City FH Library and got started fulfilling the mission  T’s grandmother given T.

 Tuesday, T came down to my house.  She showed me the simple  pencil written list of 55 names.  We looked some of the names up on Ancestry.com. They were there!!. They were even spelled just like T wrote them down.  Myer  instead of  the usual Meyer etc.  One of her direct ancestors was married, had children and died in a 1861  Civil War battle.  His own  temple work had been done, but not his wife and children. His wife and one daughter’s names  were on the list.  We found the rest of the family  on the 1860 census with 3 more children. T has now submitted them to Family Tree for temple work.

 I have heard of experiences like this.  This is the first time I am so close.  It would be very hard  to find these family members  and their relationship to  T  without their full names.  

No comments:

Post a Comment